Senior Manager, Business Development
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Senior Manager will act as an internal advisor with a focus on generating leads and revenue through activity including pitches and proposals, sales pipeline and revenue target management, market research, events, and business development coaching and training, for select growth product groups at the firm, including Insolvency and Latin America pursuits. This position would be preferably resident in Miami, although other firm office locations will be considered.
Responsibilities of Position:
The Business Development Senior Manager will manage a Business Development Analyst, and will work closely with product group partners, other members of firm-wide leadership, and the business development and marketing team, on a variety of strategic initiatives across product, regional and other special project groups.
Director of Business Development
• Business Development:
Drive and manage revenue and business development initiatives with the goal of generating new business leads, expanding existing referral relationships, and identifying and pursuing cross-selling opportunities. This includes:
working with product group partners to identify targets;
developing and executing go-to-market strategies for product groups;
collaborating with other product groups, offices and BD team members to develop cross-selling opportunities;
managing the sales pipeline and related revenue targets;
leading product group meetings, agendas/plans, action items and deadlines;
executing and refining product group business plans;
tracking initiatives and outcomes, as well as managing related budgets;
creating and maintaining library of core pitch materials, experience lists, tailored bios, etc.;
following product and regional trends to identify business opportunities relevant to growth initiatives; and,
promoting business development best practice across the group through a combination of coaching and formal training.
Draft pitches/proposals, RFP responses, and presentation materials for prospective clients; organize and oversee pitch rehearsals, and lead all other critical areas to enhance the Firm’s ability to win new business.
Conduct industry research and develop knowledge about firm referral sources, clients and industries; oversee client and market research and analysis, including researching litigation, corporate and individual profiles.
Manage the Firm’s submissions including Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, and Benchmark litigation; draft and submit submissions and references; leverage rankings in business development materials (i.e. pitches).
Collaborate with Communications on thought leadership and content development, in addition to public relations and media outreach strategies.
Monitor firm’s key product areas and related news sources to identify and communicate information internally about potential opportunities for new work to relevant groups.
Ensure data integrity of contact mailing lists for the firm’s CRM system.
Draft content for the firm’s marketing materials including the website, mobi site, and printed materials, among others.
Craft key message points for firm leaders in preparation for referral meetings, client pitches and press meetings.
• A minimum of 8 years in business development or strategic business consulting experience with highly sophisticated, global professional services organizations. MBA or JD preferred.
• Strong expertise and relevant experience in international litigation, specifically insolvency, preferred.
• Demonstrated success of leading transformative change, innovation, and having influential impact on lawyers.
• Strong financial and business acumen, project management, and analytical skills.
• Superior presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills; the ability to interact credibly, diplomatically, and effectively with all levels within the firm, tailoring communications for different groups and stakeholders.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; the ability to lead through influence rather than direct control.
• A consultative, collaborative, and highly client-service oriented approach.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Occasional travel is required