Professional Category: International Trade
Title: Import & Export Assistant
Salary: Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience
Work Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (30 minute lunch)
Location: Forest Hills, NY
Education: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience
Import & Export Assistant
Forest Hills, NY
Working under the supervision of the Managing Director, the Import & Export Assistant performs a wide range of activities related to receiving and shipping materials for IRIS TRADE Inc and its division for Cosmetics, Nutraceuticals and Phamaceuticals: IRIS NATURALS INTERNATIONAL.
• Receive clients’ orders for processing
• Issue company’s purchase orders and shipping instructions to vendors after receipt of orders
• Send sales order confirmations and/or proformas to clients.
• Follow-up with vendors to ensure on time deliveries of materials purchased.
• Verify the materials accuracy after orders are received.
• Prepare shipping documents to clients, matching materials to their technical
specifications during the delivery process as well as their respective labelling and packing.
• Obtain quotes from Freight Forwarders for international shipments and courier services
• Maintain shipping documentation, files and files cabinets organized
• Check and maintain proper inventory levels for IRIS NATURALS; purchase inventory materials when low with approved vendor(s) on a regular basis unless otherwise requested by Managing Director
• Maintain vendors’ contact list updated
• Verify that IRIS NATURALS payments to vendors are on time. Inform Managing Director if payments are late or any other issues arise related to paying vendors.
• Follow Company’s guidelines to maintain a safe and proper work environment.
• Able to work independently and work cooperatively in a team setting.
• In-job-Training for above position will be offered.
• Fluent in English. Spanish and Portugue languages are a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader
• Must confirm work eligibility by providing all required paperwork
DISCLAIMER: On this page, the Chamber displays information on current job openings as a service to our members. The information on these open positions has been provided to us by our member companies; as such, the description and accuracy of these postings are the sole responsibility of the member companies. Under no circumstances will the Chamber be liable in any way for any content on this page(s) or made available through the service or for any loss or damage of any kind caused or incurred by a member or non-member as a result of the use of any such content or service. It is the member and non-member's sole responsibility to perform adequate due diligence with any potential employer/employee. The information on this page shall not be sold, modified, reproduced, distributed or displayed in any other form. The Chamber does not guarantee a response to the applicant and does not assume any responsibility for further contact between the applicant and the member company.