The deal and legal advisor of the year awards recognize Latham’s extensive services and prowess in Latin America.
Latham & Watkins was recognized as the Infrastructure Law Firm of the Year for the Southern Cone region of South America in the 2022 LatinFinance Project & Infrastructure Finance awards, highlighting the firm’s groundbreaking and innovative work in the countries of Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay. Since launching in 2013, the awards have celebrated the most impressive transactions and institutions in fields critical to Latin America’s economic progress.
LatinFinance also recognized Latham’s work in six individual categories:
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year, Southern Cone – Chacao Plus: advised Chilean energy company GM Holdings S.A. on a US$980 million concurrent bank and bond project financing for a portfolio of existing and new-build electricity generation assets in Chile
- Renewable Energy Financing of the Year – GIP Patagonia/Chile Renewables: advised on GIP Patagonia project financing in connection with the acquisition of Chile Renovables SpA, a portfolio of renewable wind and solar generation projects located in Chile
- Digital Infrastructure/Telecoms Financing of the Year – KKR’s Telefónica Acquisition: advised Telefónica on its approximately US$1 billion sale of its fiber optic network in Chile to KKR
- Road Financing of the Year – Rio Magdalena 2: advised multiple parties in the multi-source financing for the 4G toll road in Colombia, which will be used to develop 153 km of roll roads
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year, Andes – Rumichaca Pasto 4G Toll Road: advised multiple parties on the approximately US$906 million multi-source financing for the construction, operation, and maintenance of approximately 83 km of toll roads in the Department of Nariño under Colombia’s 4G program
- Infrastructure Financing of the Year, Brazil – Smart Luz Financing: advised Goldman Sachs on a DFC-guaranteed sustainability bond for Brazilian public lighting and “Smart Luz” smart city services project
“These recognitions demonstrate the high-quality counsel we continually provide our clients and the depth and diversity of our services focused on Latin America,” said Tony Del Pino, Global Chair of Latham’s Latin America Practice.
Latham’s work in Latin America was also recently recognized in the Latin Lawyer 250 as a leading business law firm contributing to the region’s economic growth.
Via Latham & Watkins